Sunday, September 28, 2008

He's thankful

Today was a day that I don't think I will ever ever forget. As a lot of you know, Braden has a speech delay. (there will be many more posts about his progress with his speech therapist later). Anyways, this morning I made brownies before church. I decided that Braden needed a brownie. I put him up in his chair and hooked on his little tray and went and cut him a brownie. I put it on his tray and turned around to take a little bite of one myself. As soon as I turned around, I heard him start to mumble like he always does, but this time it sounded different. When I turned back around to see what he was doing, I saw him there with his little arms folded and his head bowed. He was blessing his brownie. Of course I am proud of my little man, but I think it was a big reminder of how precious our little ones are to our heavenly father because he understands their language even when we may not. I hope he continues through his life knowing he can pray about anything...even a brownie.

5 comments:

Brooke Fenn said...

Alright Trish...way to make a pregnant lady cry! That is such a tender and sweet story. He's been taught well. We love you Braden! Way to be an example to all of us!

Melanie said...

How sweet! What a proud Mama you should be!

emilyy said...

That is so precious!

Amy said...

I love my Booga! What a cute story. I miss you guys and hope you know I love you all. Keep the cute stories coming so I can keep up on life in AZ.

Rushele said...

I love my little Braden!!
So cute!!
Keep up the good work buddy!