Tuesday, November 11, 2008

mommy grandma monkey pumpkin

Oh my little braden has done it again....made me wonder. He has been talking alot more these past couple weeks thanks to his wonderful therapist helping us out. We have all learned alot. Ever since we started getting Braden help, he has been blooming. He is talking alot more and starting to make alot more sense. He has a new self confidence. Since he is learning alot of new words, I am being called a number of wonderful things. Braden started out calling me mommy....then after we returned home from our fun california trip at my mom's, I was then called grandma for a little bit. This last week I some how got the name "monkey". He loves to run up to me and give me these fabulous hugs in which he yells the name of the week....so imagine a toddler running to his mother yelling "MONKEY!!!!!!" sad right? I swear I do my hair and wear make up on a daily basis...just so people don't drive by and yell hurtful things such as "hey you ugly monkey, get out of my way etc." Its a fear of mine....really...and Braden doesn't help when he is screaming "monkey" at the top of his lungs. anyways, this morning when I recieved my fabulous morning hug I was called "Pumpkin". Again, I am thinking my child is trying to say something....am I shaped like a pumpkin? ugh, what will he call me next? I think this week I will teach him to say super model!

4 comments:

The Reed Family said...

You crack me up!! You would be so proud of me Trish!! I am almost fluent in spanish...ok not quite but I am getting better. Anyway, Call me!! oh yeah and I only wish my wedding could have been on a beet farm!! :)

Rushele said...

Pumpkin is just a term of endearment! Haven't you ever heard people say it? Like: lover, dear, honey, pumpkin, sweetheart. He just loves you A LOT!!
I do have to say that calling you super model would be fabulous though!!! I'd take that nickname anyday!!

emilyy said...

I think it's cute that he calls you Monkey. I doubt that his definition of Monkey or Pumpkin is the same as yours. To him he probably LOVES those things, and he obviously LOVES you, so I think, in a way, it's a toddler compliment!!! But not a bad idea with the super model thing, I might need to try and teach my E to call me "hot stuff" or something :)

Christy said...

Hey there Super Model!!

I'm so glad I found your adorable blog!! You are such an amazing Mom! (er, uh "Monkey")