Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our story....

Tomorrow Josh and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary....I can't believe it. Time has flown by. Since we will be on the road to utah tomorrow, I thought I should post this today. For as long as I can remember, I have had a huge crush on Joshua Fenn. Since the day I laid my eyes on him in primary, I was in love. I remember in elementary school wanting to go over to the side of the play ground that he was on to just stare at him...and strut my stuff. I remember caring what I wore to school so that he would notice me. I remember in third grade I got these really cool L.A. gear shoes. I called them my michael Jackson shoes cause they were white and had alot of silver buckles on them....(R.I.P. michael) anyways. I remember being so excited to wear them to school cause I was sure he would notice me then. Time went on and Josh and his family moved up to the moutains. Our families got together a few times while they lived there. A bit later his family moved really far away to arizona and out of my life. I was sure I would never see him again. I would often hear about him and think, "man that josh fenn is so hot." A few more years went by. I went on a mission. Three months before I was finishing my mission, my mom suggested in an email that I write to Josh Fenn cause he was single....lets just say I jumped on that. I wrote him asking him if he remembered me at all. he promptly wrote back.....Josh and I continued to write back and forth for the last three months of my mission. We did our dating pretty much through letters. I still remember the day that Josh signed his letter "love, Josh". I got home from my mission on april 8, 2004. We were engaged to be married on May 1, 2004 and married on July 2, 2004. I love you big daddy. You mean the world to me. Look how far we have come in five years. I am grateful that you are my eternal companion....Happy anniversary Joshua Ryan Fenn.

Josh and Braden

Josh and Mackenzie

5 comments:

Merk Kids said...

You are coming to Utah. How fun. Maybe we can see you guys while you are here. Have a safe trip.

Rushele said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
You guys are awesome! And I'm so glad that you got your dream guy!
Those L.A. Gears payed off!

Amanda and Laura said...

Ahh, I remember all that flirting in primary. Happy Anniversary.

Jen Holtkamp said...

congratulations on 5 great years! that's such a cute story :)

Dresden said...

Congrats on your 5th anniversary! Very exciting. I bet it has gone by quick, we've already been married almost a year and it flew by for me! You seriously have some of the most adorable children ever! Thanks for the compliment on my dress...here's how you can see our pics. Go to http://www.kristinewoolf.com/slideshows/ and just type in Dresden as the password. Be sure to capitalize the D. Anyway it was good to see you also, hopefully it isn't too long til we see you again :)