Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Have you ever wondered??????

Have you ever wondered what your family really thinks about your cooking? Especially your kids? Well I must say, I always wonder what josh thinks....he is always so good about eating whatever I make. Today for the first time I wondered what little Braden thought.....but I need not wonder any longer. This afternoon I made Braden some fabulous mac and cheese. Every kids fav right? Well...I put bradens fabulous lunch in a bowl and put it on his tray for him to start eatin away. Everything was fine until I turned around and noticed that he had only taken like one bite of his lunch. He decided that something else was better.....I am sure you can only imagine. Thats right, he was picking his nose and eating it. So there is my answer...braden does not like my mac and cheese. SAD!!!

Speaking of Braden, alot of you know about us getting him help for his speech delay. Yesterday two girls from the arizona early intervention program came over to discuss what their board of therapists decided to do with braden. They are going to be sending a developmental therapist over once a week and a speech therapist over once a month for three months to work with him one on one. When they came over a couple of weeks ago to do their evaluation of him, they found that he scored age appropriate for everything but his speech. Once he turns three, he is turned over to the school district for continued help. This is the part that I am so excited about....On his third birthday he will be then old enough to attend a preschool FOUR DAYS A WEEK for 2 1/2 hours a day. They will be using a normal curriculum and if he shows that he needs additional help with his speech they will have a therapist there to work with him in the classroom. I am so excited. He will have a blast in there. It's a little weird to think that my baby boy is going to be going to school. It's kind of sad to tell ya the truth. I know its a blessing that we live in a country that provides things to children like braden that need a little push to get them going.

4 comments:

Rushele said...

That is sad that he felt that boogers were yummier than mac and cheese!
Kids.....what're ya gonna do?!!
So glad to hear about his speech therapist help! That is awesome! I know of a few people that have gotten that sort of help for their kids, and they say it's wonderful!!!
Good luck! Keep us posted!!

Merk Kids said...

That is wonderful that he is getting the help he needs and you get to have some personal time to yourself. Hope he does great because we know he will.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hello. I went to high school with Josh and found your family through Amy's blog. I hope you don't mind that I've been reading about your family. Your family is absolutely beautiful.
My daughter has epilepsy, and though Azip went differently for us, she was approved for services because of her behavioral problems stemming from the seizures. She is currently in school 4 days a week and it is wonderful to see the changes in her. Braden will do so well and will excel immensely because of the program. The best part about it is that once he is in, he is in. There will always be new goals for him to reach.
Best of luck!

Amy said...

I love the blogging world! It sure does keep us connected, doesn't it? I'm so glad you're posting fun stuff and good updates on the fam. I miss & love you guys tons!