Friday, February 6, 2009

Brother in law for sale!!!

So my brother in law scott just recently graduated from the fire academy. While in the academy he endured some pretty crappy stuff. To be a firefighter you have to be in pretty darn good shape. To get the new recruits in shape, they were required to do a work out that is called "crossfit". Now my sister julie and I decided, hey we can use a little work out, lets try it out. Lets just say that scott is now captain blood in my book....thats why he is up for sale. I think he is trying to kill us. I just recently learned that this is a work out that the navy seals do.....I now know why, when in elementary school was asked "what would you like to be when you grow up", I never thought hhhmmmm....either a firefighter or a navy seal. Instead I would say I wanted to be something like an ice cream tester or bubble bath tester.
Julie and I started this work out last week...just on the days that scott is off luckly, and it was pretty horrible. I looked really funny doing normal things like going to the bathroom, or climbing up stairs. I was so sore. This week was alot better...running was easier and sit ups and push ups also. My goal is to be able to run a mile without stopping. I haven't had a good workout in about 10 years...hence the large butt.
This week our friend april joined us....then today it was so awesome, there were six of us total!!! Some really fun girls from the ward decided to be tortured with us. It makes it so much more fun with people to endure it with you.
If you want to know more about this insane abuse of a workout, they have a website that shows people demonstrating all the different workouts. I believe its www.crossfit.com check it out its pretty funny.



p.s. Scott really isnt for sale....I wouldnt sell him for a million trillion bucks...he's the coolest brother in law ever. besides, he's not mine to sell :)

4 comments:

emilyy said...

Ummm can I do that workout with you.....Seriously i would love to have a crazy bootcamp instructor to whip me into shape and make me feel sore. (that's how you know it's working) I used to have the fitness natzi, but she moved :( it's too bad he's not for sale or I might buy him.

The Duncan's said...

You go cuz! I'm impressed when anyone can do a push up, I can't and have never been able to. Thats some crazy crap!
Keep up the good work.

Love Annie

The Reed Family said...

I think i need to come too. We had a really good aerobic step class instructor here in PR (salvador was his name) but he is gone now, and I am sad! He kicked your butt and it was awesome! You'll be running a mile in no time!

Jesika said...

I had so much fun with you girls! Although, I can say my upper body has NEVER been that sore. Ever. However, I would love to do it again! Crazy, I know.....but if hurts, it works, right?!?! :o)