Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He made it!!!!!!



Well yesterday Josh and I attended a meeting to discuss what Braden's needs are as far as schooling. The psychologist and speech pathologist both felt that Braden was well qualified for preschool services. I was super excited to hear the great news. I think I am more excited to know that he scored in normal range for everything but his speech...which helps me feel good to know that there is NOTHING else wrong with our little guy...just a little speech delay. He will be attending school tuesdays thru friday for two and a half hours. I requested that he be in a very structured classroom because I felt that it will help him with his tantrums...they agreed with that. Kids really need structure and its hard when you have a normal life with things to do....I am sure most of you mom's agree. Last night we went and bought him his first backpack. I am so excited for him, but on the other hand I am a bit sad that he is growing up so fast. I know mom's always go through that when kids start kindergarten. If anyone has any advice on how to "cope" with your baby growing up, please share :)

3 comments:

Rushele said...

I LOVE that picture of him with Mackenzie's bow on his head!! That's so great that he was accepted to the preschool program, and I'm very excited for you that there are no other issues to worry about except the speech!
Yay!!!
It's so cute when they start wearing a backpack! Raegan is already a vet in that department. She got all excited about backpacks a while ago when she saw all the kids walking to school in our neighborhood so we've gotten her a couple that she wears around the house to play in.

emilyy said...

Congrats!!!!

Rae Lynn said...

Both Michelle and Mason attend this preschool and I LOVE it. As we all know Mason has many issues and it has been the best thing for him. Both of my kiddos are progressing tremendously. They too receive ST and OT.