Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today's crossfit workout..."Angie"


So alot of you already know about my new adventures in trying to get my fat butt in shape. My brother in law scott has been the one showing everyone how to do it. The way crossfit seperates all the different workouts is by giving them names...some are after women and some are mens names. The men names are names of actual men that have died in the line of duty, be it military, firefighters or policemen. I think the ones named after women have got to be someones ex-girlfriends or something because I swear the workouts named after women are absolutely horrible horrible horrible. Today we did a workout named "Angie"....actually we only did half of it because it was a death wish. A full angie is this:

100 pull ups
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats

we luckly only did half of that...even half was difficult. Since I don't know many women that can do an actual pull up, we do jumping pull ups...that is still hard. My goal is to be able to do pull ups with no problem and run a mile without stopping. I have also set goals to walk at least two miles a day. I am starting to get really addicted to this working out stuff. My brother in law scott did the full angie. Hes nuts..and he does real pull ups. he did it all in 32 minutes. CRAZY. I attached a photo of me doing my pull ups...hahahhah i wish.

4 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Dang Trish! Look at that bod... you don't need to work out! That is so awesome. I need to get on something like that after this baby comes!

Rushele said...

That sounds like HELL!
It is so awesome that you're enjoying working out though, even if your workouts are insane.
I need to check out that site and see if I can even attempt any of it. I know I can't do a pull up though, I'm such a whimp!

The Reed Family said...

I am so impressed! I have been doing a workout program called P90X and so far I haven't lost much weight, only like a pound, but I feel stronger and more fit. You can totally reach those goals especially with someone there each day pushing you to do your best! Keep it up I think you are awesome! And I am so excited about all the blog posts!
p.s. do you want to watch TV or take a nap?

Jen Holtkamp said...

wow trish! those are awesome goals i'm so amazed what people with kids can do. i think i would totally overwhelmed! good luck!