Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We made it!!!!!!

So we finally are here in BEAUTIFUL durango colorado. Let me just say, I really don't miss arizona right now....the weather is absolutely awesome here. Josh and I have always hated arizona in the summer time so this is a real nice treat for us. We have to move back at the end of november, which might be ok so that we dont have to experience the real cold season here. I am going to give a quick update on getting here.....here are some highlights and low lights if you will....

-Josh was gone for a whole week in durango working and looking hard for a place for us to live...nobody wanted to lease for a six month period so he finally found a place right before he flew home on friday night...keep in mind we moved up on saturday.

-I was home alone for a week which I hated. I had to finish painting and packing up the house by myself.

-The night I needed to finish painting and packing up I threw out my back....it was so awesome.

-My brother-law scott helped me get the moving truck and pretty much single handedly packed up our truck before the elders quorum came over. It took the elders quorum only 30 minutes to finish loading heavy stuff that scott and I couldnt get by ourselves. THANKS SCOTT

-Josh didn't actually get home until like 9 pm because his flight was delayed by 45 minutes.. our good friend isaac picked him up for me so that I didnt have to go out and get him....thanks isaac!!!

-I had sooo much to finish doing friday night but we were both so tired that we just went to bed. We thought we could get it all done saturday morning early. it was alot more than we thought, the last minute stuff always takes the longest for some reason.

-while we were finishing up loading our truck, our cute neighbor from next door came over with money. In her thick chinese accent she told us to take the money to feed braden...we tried to give it back to her but she wouldnt take it. I think she thought braden needed 20 dollars to feed himself...hahahah

-we finally got on the road at noon. we wanted to be gone by 10.

-Braden got to ride with dad in the truck....lets just say he loved it so much that he didn't want to ever get out.

-mackenzie rode with me and didnt make one peep the whole time.

we got into durango at 9:30 pm. it was super dark. I was really anxious to see the new place we would be calling home. As soon as we got in the house, I started to notice how filthy it was. It hadnt been lived in for a while. I sat on the living room floor and had a melt down. I was praying that this was a nightmare. I think I was just tired and wanted to be able to come to a nice clean ready to live in home. So thankfully my vacuum was the first thing out of the truck, along with the kids' beds. As I started to vacuum the kids rooms josh started to put together mackenzie's crib. As I was vacuuming braden's room I came across a huge nasty spider. It pretty much put me over the edge...at least I thought. How could anything get worse than this? Just as soon as I finished thinking that, I hear josh yelling in mackenzies room...i was afraid he had found a family of racoons or something in the closet...I ran in to find that mackenzie's crib had broken!!! aaaahhhhh. "I don't get it" i thought to myself, I pay my tithing, I go to church, I don't beat my kids, I limit my consumption of caffenated beverages that I love, I only said one cuss word on the trip up, (ok two)...I say my prayers every night with my husband....aaahhhh...what did I do wrong to deserve this. To make matters worse, mackenzie's play pen was in the mothers attic of the uhaul. it was one of the first things we loaded. Thank goodness josh is a skinny little thing, he was able to squeeze through all of our junk and get it out. We got the kids to bed. We blew up our air mattress and realized we have one blanket and two afgans....now those of you that know about afgans, they are full of holes. josh, being the polite man that he is offered to sleep with the afgans. half way through the night josh got up to go to the bathroom. when he got into bed, he felt like a 150 pound popsicle. He was shivering....he isn't blessed with all the body fat that i was blessed with. hahaha. Josh and I were so cold we felt like we were camping. I then suggested we turn on the heater....we are retarded, for some reason we didnt think about that before...I mean in arizona, you go to jail if you say the word HEATER in the spring/summer time.

To make this horrible, long story short...things are going super good. we got all moved in, and are loving it....our new ward is great and super small. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. We have some great neighbors. I honestly dont want to leave.
I will write again soon I am sure, hopefully with some actual pictures.

4 comments:

Braden and Julie Reynolds said...

Holy Chickens Trish! Moving is a nightmare, glad you made it. We need to talk on the phone soon. Make that happen when you are all settled.

The Duncan's said...

Wow what an adventure! I'm so glad you guy's made it and that things are going well.
Good luck while you are there.

Melanie said...

I so love you trisha, you are still as funny as can be! I often wonder when my life doesn't go so good what could be the problem, it must be the over consumption of caffeine or the occasional cuss word! YOu are too funny! I am so glad you guys made it and are actually loving it! I still remember my first day in NY. I cried and wanted to leave as soon as I gt here!

Rushele said...

That sounds like a fun moving experience! Don't know how I missed this post earlier.
And I'm sooooooo sorry that I never came out to help you get packed up and whatnot!!!! I feel like such a jerk! But, the week that you were getting all the packing done and needed help Sophie ended up getting the stomach flu real bad and we had to take her to the hospital for IV fluids. It sucked!!! So, we were in no shape to be helping anyone move, or risking that your kids got the germs we had floating around.
I'm glad you're there safe and sound and that you like it so far!
Love you!!!